Criteria used to determine whether a course will be cross-listed as a Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies course include the following:
- Courses that provide information in a sustained way about socializations, biologies, sexualities, or histories that are based on gender;
- Courses that equip students to identify and analyze the systems that have created commonalities among women's experiences and/or men's experiences;
- Courses that explore the role gender and/or sexuality play in the production of knowledge and art;
- Courses that examine cultural assumptions about gender and/or sexuality in their social, racial, ethnic, religious, national, etc. specificity; or
- Courses that reflect critically on scholarship about women-including gender, queer, or feminist theory.
Faculty: To submit a course for WGSX approval,
please e-mail Jennifer Tickle.