Following the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and applicable state law, St. Mary’s College of Maryland (SMCM) does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of handicap or disability. As a result, SMCM will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for students who self-discloses a disability or disabling health conditions. Accessibility Services works with students, faculty, and staff to promote access on our campus.
Learn more about our work and support by using the menu bar at right.
Example Accommodations and Supports
- Extended time on tests/quizzes
- Distraction-reduced testing environment
- Access to assistive technology
- Alternative text formats
- We can provide temporary supports for sudden health episodes/events (e.g., car accidents, concussions).
- Accommodations cannot alter the requirements in our programs.
- Accommodations cannot create undue burden for the campus.
The Accessibility Process
St. Mary’s College of Maryland uses interactive processes to support accessibility.
You can start the process to request accommodations at SMCM by clicking the buttons below: