In these unusual times, we’re all concerned about the COVID pandemic. The following are the steps being taken to ensure the wellbeing of faculty, staff and guests at the Festival:
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland is requiring all members of the College community – faculty, staff, and College students – to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 and to show proof.
- St. Mary’s College is requiring all people attending events and activities inside campus buildings to wear masks, and to register daily with the “symptom tracker“.
- At the Piano Festival, we will not have participant seating onstage for master classes this year. Participants will be seated in the hall seats, socially distanced.
- Music faculty will keep a 6’ distance from participants during master classes.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, and participants will be asked to use it before playing the pianos.
- Concertgoers will be required to sit socially distanced at performances.
- Signs have been placed in the practice rooms with instructions for sanitizing protocols.
- We will not be holding a participants’ dinner this year. There will be an outdoor social, weather permitting, on the patio in front of Montgomery Hall on Sunday evening.