Associate Director of Alumni Relations
St. Mary’s College of Maryland at Historic St. Mary’s City is accepting résumés for the position of Associate Director of Alumni Relations. The Associate Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating programs encompassing all aspects of alumni relations. This position will collaborate with colleagues throughout Institutional Advancement and across campus to increase alumni participation and engagement in support of institutional priorities and goals. General responsibilities include building initiatives to increase alumni event, volunteer and fundraising engagement, organizing programs to prepare students for the student to alumni transition, managing paid and volunteer students, and serving as a liaison to campus partners.
The Associate Director of Alumni Relations will also play an integral role in the planning and execution of signature events including Alumni Weekend, Hawktoberfest, Giving Tuesday, Alumni Council meetings, and chapter/network activities. Involvements will include, but are not limited to, registration management and tabling, set up and break down support, and overseeing volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a professional/higher education setting; working in an alumni/fundraising/marketing/event management environment is preferred.
- Self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work well with diverse groups and to successfully engage in interpersonal contact with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies (e.g., office colleagues, alumni, faculty and staff members, administrators, students, vendors).
- Proficiency using various software including digital spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications. Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Blackbaud, Anthology, and Zoom a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral or written word, including demonstrated experience in public speaking.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work under general supervision with minimal instruction.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to the College community.
Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination, medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
Non-sectarian since its founding, St. Mary's College of Maryland, a public Carnegie Baccalaureate, Arts and Sciences institution located in Historic St. Mary's City, 70 miles southeast of Washington, D.C., has been designated as Maryland's public honors college. Undergraduate and residential in nature, with a diverse coeducational student body numbering approximately 1600, St. Mary's emphasizes excellence in teaching. The institution was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1997. The quality of life is enhanced by the recreational opportunities of the Chesapeake region and close proximity to the amenities of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Richmond.
St. Mary’s College (www.smcm.edu) embodies diversity and inclusion in its mission. We create an environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences, and we encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to our cultural and ethnic diversity. Application materials should include a cover letter, résumé (including e-mail address), and three references and submitted online at: apply.interfolio.com/103707. Questions may be directed to Dave Sushinsky, Assistant Vice President of Alumni Relations.
Review of résumés will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website: www.smcm.edu/hr
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.