The Office of Information Technology offers a variety of classes and learning opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to help further your technology skills. Classes are taught by various instructors throughout the year.
- Microsoft Office
- Web Tools
Mock Hybrid Classroom Instruction/Practice Sessions
In Person and Virtual Appointments Available
OIT and the Media Center have created a mock classroom in the Center for Inclusive Teaching and Learning seminar room (LI 114) for anyone who wants to get a feel for a typical classroom setup. The classroom is equipped with a computer with drawing monitor and pen, projector, speakers, webcam, boom microphone, and document camera. Jennifer Falkowski will be available to offer instruction on using the equipment, including how to engage the second camera in your virtual classroom. If you plan to teach remotely, you can still attend virtually to get an understanding of how that model will work.
Appointments are in 30-minute increments and can be scheduled via the Google Calendar link below:
- Tuesday, 8:00 – 9:30 – Zoom
- Tuesday, 2:00 – 4:00 – Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Wednesday, 10:00 – 11:00 – Zoom
- Wednesday, 1:00 – 4:00 – Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Thursday, 8:00 – 10:30 – Zoom
- Thursday, 11:00 – 12:30 – Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Friday, 10:30 – 11:30 – Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Friday, 2:30 – 4:00 – Zoom
Please note that there are two options for each 30-minute time slot: in person and virtual. You will be paired up with someone to share that 30-minute slot.
Training Offered by Blackboard Inc – August 2020
- Getting Started with Blackboard Learn Original
- Getting Started with Blackboard Collaborate
- Getting Started with Bb Annotate: Inline Assignment Grading in Blackboard Learn
- OFFICE HOURS: Ask the Experts About Blackboard Learn and Collaborate
- Assessment & Assignments in Blackboard Learn (Original)
- Guide to Building Mobile Content (Original & Ultra)
- Improving Student Engagement (Original)
- Setting up the Gradebook (Original)
- Grading Workflows for Discussions, Assessment & Assignments (Original)
For more information, go to https://go.blackboard.com/Instructor-webinar-series.
Adobe Education Exchange
Workshops are aimed at all educators working in primary, secondary or higher education. No prior experience with Adobe tools or digital media technologies is required. Learn more at Adobe Education Exchange.
Getting Started Training and Resources from GoToMeeting.
One on One Training
Individual sessions can also be arranged on a case by case basis.
For general information or to find out about an upcoming training, please Submit a Ticket.