- Neuroscience Minor Requirements
- Previous Catalog Year Requirements
Degree Requirements for the Neuroscience Minor
General College Requirements
General College requirements.
- Must include CHEM 101 or CHEM 106 or CHEM 105 (no longer offered). CHEM 106 is strongly recommended. (Meets Core Curriculum requirement Natural Sciences with Laboratory.)
- Must take PSYC 101 (Meets Core Curriculum requirement in Social Sciences.)
Major Discipline of Study
All requirements in a major discipline of study.
At least 18 credit hours in courses approved for the neurosciences, with a grade of C or above, including:
Required courses: six credit hours
- NEUR 201: Introduction to Neuroscience (4S)
- NEUR 301: Seminar in Neuroscience (1E)
- NEUR 303: Advanced Seminar in Neuroscience(1E)
12 credit hours of upper-level elective credits selected from the following list. Electives must originate from at least two disciplines (BIOL, CHEM, NEUR, PSYC).
- BIOL 305: Animal Behavior
- BIOL 330: Human Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL 387: Sensory Biology
- BIOL 419: Neurobiology
- BIOL 436: Comparative Animal Physiology
- BIOL 438: Cancer Cell Biology
- CHEM 420: Biochemistry I
- CHEM 425/BIOL 425: Biochemistry II
- NEUR 302: Directed Research in Neuroscience
- PHIL382: Meditation and the Mind
- PSYC 312: Sensation and Perception OR PSYC 326: Perception with Laboratory
- PSYC 314: Drugs, Brains, and Behavior
- PSYC 322/422: Biological Psychology
- Upper-level Special Topics Courses in Biology, Chemistry, or Psychology, or other disciplines, specifically approved for Neuroscience
A completed neuroscience St. Mary’s Project or neuroscience internship may be substituted for NEUR 302 with approval of the Coordinator.