Academic Policy Committee
Academic Policies govern the ways students and faculty navigate issues related to the academic life of the campus.The Academic Policy Committee is charged with monitoring, revising and updating academic policies. It includes four faculty members, a student representative, the Registrar, and a representative from the Office of Student Support Services. The committee meets approximately every other week during the academic year, and deals with petitions for exceptions to academic policies; revises policies and procedures as necessary; and otherwise addresses issues related to issues of academic policy.
Students might petition the Academic Policy Committee to:
- Study abroad or do an internship with a lower-than-allowable GPA.
- Add or withdraw from a class after the deadline.
- Complete more than 6 out of their last 36 credits away from St. Mary’s.
- Be reinstated as a student after being academically dismissed.
- Request an exemption from any other policy in the Academic Policies section of the college catalog.
Students wishing to petition for an exception should write a letter addressed to the Academic Policy Committee following the template instructions. Submit it to the Registrar’s Office.