Classrooms, labs, residence halls and public spaces have been reconfigured in accordance with the recommended safety guidelines and social distancing protocols, but the St. Mary’s College environment for students to learn, study and thrive remains.
- Signage and physical markers have been placed throughout campus to assist with compliance of social distancing protocols. Plexiglas, hands-free doors and disinfection stations have been installed throughout campus, further ensuring the safety of students, staff and faculty.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will take place in accordance with all federal, state and county public health guidance and directives.
- Detailed daily cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been developed and will continue throughout the semester to mitigate any potential COVID-19 spread.
- Each residential student and on-campus employee will receive an SMCM drawstring bag containing enough masks, gloves, and sanitizer to last throughout the entire fall semester, as well as an individual thermometer for daily personal temperature readings.
Major campus events have been reimagined, minimizing visitors to campus by adopting virtual technologies or smaller gatherings instead of holding large on-campus and traditional major events such as Opening Convocation, Hawktoberfest, etc.
All College-related travel is strictly limited.
Comply with all signage or instruction regarding capacity and space restrictions when entering, exiting, and using facilities, including all campus facilities, common spaces, hallways, classrooms, residential facilities, or pathways through campus.
Sports & Recreation Facilities
- Students using Sports and Recreation facilities must come to the facility dressed to engage in physical activity and leave immediately after. Locker rooms are not available.
- Students shall sanitize recreational equipment before and after use.
- Students shall use the Recreation Courts for individual activities, intramurals, and College-approved programs and activities only.
On-campus gathering group sizes are limited to capacity posted on the grounds. If occupancy numbers are not posted, the number of persons who can occupy the space shall not exceed that needed to maintain a social distance between attendees. Outdoor on-campus gatherings are not allowed between midnight and 6:00 a.m.
- Lewis Quad – 75
- Admissions Lawn – 200
- Townhouse Green – 175
- Pillow – 20
- Jamie L. Roberts Stadium practice fields – 220
- Waring Commons West – 80
- Waring Commons East – 30
- Lyon-Russell Quad – 40