Creating a Safe Living and Learning Environment
- The College has worked extensively with Environmental Health and Safety to learn, understand, and adapt the cleaning and disinfecting changes and guidance provided by the CDC and other infection control experts.
- Detailed cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been developed to ensure consistency.
- The staff has been trained in the proper cleaning and disinfecting protocols required to create the safest environment possible.
- Campus spaces and furnishings have been reconfigured to facilitate and support social distancing protocols.
- Signage and physical markers have been placed throughout campus to ensure that proper social distancing protocols are followed.
- Disinfection stations have been placed throughout campus to allow users to disinfect areas independently.
- Disinfectant supplies will be provided for individuals to sanitize their work spaces.
- Plexiglas partitions have been installed in all public customer service areas.
- Protocols have been developed for the cleaning and disinfection of any area that has been exposed to COVID-19.
- Buildings have been evaluated and modified to maximize fresh air intake.
- Higher efficiency filters are being installed in buildings throughout campus.
How Buildings are Being Cleaned and Disinfected
- In order to ensure maximum effectiveness of cleaning and disinfection efforts, the entire campus community will need to work collectively.
- In addition to routine custodial cleaning, the College has implemented an enhanced cleaning protocol with increased frequency to clean and disinfect common areas and commonly touched surfaces.
- The College has secured external, third-party cleaning vendors to assist with the daily cleaning and disinfection of campus.
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies will be available for students to use in their residences.