This past semester is one for the St. Mary’s College history books. Today, we look back at the incredible accomplishments of the staff and begin to celebrate a new beginning as we look ahead to 2012.
On Saturday, December 3, 2011 the Staff Senate by-laws were approved by our board of trustees. Another milestone in St. Mary’s College history has begun. I am proud of the work that your staff senate has completed in just a few months during the fall and I look forward to the semester ahead as the staff senate gears up for yet another year. Let me share some of the Staff Senate accomplishments during our “quiet phase” this past fall:
The social connections committee was extremely busy with:
- Thanksgiving Turkey Raffle
- Cookies and goodies for everyone! Made and delivered to every department on campus!
- Developed a mechanism for staff feedback to issues on campus.
Professional Development Committee:
- Researching ways to develop in house training for all staff
- Developing a plan to have training and educational opportunities off campus
- Our first newsletter was developed and distributed in October
- Staff Laurels on our website along with the ability to share the achievements of the staff through the website
Awards & Recognition Committee:
- Working collaboratively with the faculty to develop the Joe Carroll Award
- Developing a recognition program for staff.
As we come to a close of yet another calendar year we find ourselves in the midst of reflection and celebration with family, friends, and we dream of the future as we begin a new year. I wish all of you the happiest of holidays and best wishes as we begin to embark on the spring semester in January.
Leave a Reply