First-Time (Freshmen) Applicants
Students who are committed to their studies and thrive in a diverse community are a great fit for Maryland’s Public Honors College. If you are motivated, intellectually curious, and community minded, we encourage you to apply!
A complete application includes the following:
- The Common Application or The St. Mary’s College Application
- Includes personal statement essay submitted by the deadline
- Official transcript of high school work to date
- If applicable, college work must also be submitted
- Teacher recommendations
- Two academic recommendations completed by teacher of an academic subject in grades eleven or twelve
- Standardized test scores
- SAT (code 5601) or ACT (code 1736) sent directly from testing agency
- $50 application fee (Note: Fee waived for all first-generation applicants and for students with a fee waiver)
- Interview (optional but highly recommended). Please call us at 240-895-5000 to schedule.
We look forward to reading your application!
Mailing InformationSt. Mary’s College of Maryland
47645 College Drive
St. Mary’s City, MD, 20686-3001
First-year Application Dates & Deadlines
First Year Decision
|November 1||By January 1|
|January 1||By April 1|
*Applications considered on a space-available basis. Apply as soon as possible to be considered.