Applying as a First-Year Student
We offer both The Common Application and our St. Mary’s Transfer Application. Please choose your preferred application platform; no preference is given to either option.
The Common Application
The Common Application requires that you…
- Submit a personal statement essay due by applicable date
- Provide a unique essay to St. Mary’s College
The St. Mary’s College Application
St. Mary’s College of Maryland also has its own online application which an applicant can use in place of the Common Application if they would like.
SMCM Admissions Checklist for First Year Students
- Common Application or SMCM application
Includes personal statement essay submitted by the applicable deadline
- Application supplement
Completed and submitted with the application
- Secondary School Report
- Official transcript of high school work to date
If applicable, college work must also be submitted
- Teacher recommendation
Completed by a junior or senior teacher of an academic subject. Two academic recommendations are suggested
- Standardized test scores
SAT (code 5601) or ACT (code 1736) sent directly from testing agency
- Midyear report reflecting seventh or tenth trimester grades
- $50 application fee required to submit application**
- Interviews are optional but highly recommended
*Important to Remember: Please include your full name on all supplemental application materials.