You did it! You’ve been accepted to St. Mary’s College, the National Public Honors College. Be Proud, celebrate, thank whoever helped get you here. However, there are still some things we have to take care of.
We need to know where you are in the process so we can point you to the information most relevant for you. If at any point you feel confused – don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call us at 240-895-5000 or email us at email@example.com.
Let us help you navigate choosing St. Mary’s College and getting to campus.
Where are you in the process?
Still need convincing?
Learn more about SMCM
Explore our community
Get Social with SMCM
Our students, staff, faculty and alumni say you have to see it to believe it:
We’ve created this hub of need-to-know information and resources so you are equipped to support your student and help them make it their best four years.
pay your deposit
Your enrollment deposit secures your spot at St. Mary’s College and accepts your admission offer. It is a $500 non-refundable upfront portion of your tuition. Remember: the deadline to submit your enrollment deposit is May 1st.
Pay via Telephone
Pay your enrollment deposit online through the student portal.
Using the Student Portal (First Time Users)
- Log in using the username and temporary password provided in your admit letter
- You should be prompted to pay your enrollment deposit immediately
- Once you put in your payment information it will be processed
- In about 2-3 business days the student portal, having received notification of payment, will make more information available to you – like how to set up your SMCM gmail account
Financial Aid Questions?
You’ve paid your deposit,
now it’s time to get pumped
Take a moment to review these checklists.
As Soon As Possible (ASAP)
- 2-3 business days after you pay your deposit your portal will be updated, providing new information and instructions
- Set up your SMCM gmail following instructions you will receive via your personal email with a subject line of “SMCM Email Account”
- SOAR Registration
- Complete your health history form using the link to the wellness center system on your portal
- The login information is the same as your portal log in
- Make sure to do this early in the month so you have time to schedule a doctors appointment if necessary
- Have your High School send SMCM your final transcript, including your graduation date – Due by August 1
Prior to attending SOAR you will need to complete the following tasks. To complete these tasks you need to log into the portal where more information will be on the “New Student’s” tab.
- Complete the Foreign Language and Writing placement exams
- Select your first year seminar top five “wish list”
- Check out the major and minor checklists for the programs you are interested in and the core curriculum requirements
- Browse classes you might want to enroll in (If the class says it is full, do not be alarmed. More spots will open up when your registration window opens)