St. Mary’s College of Maryland Foundation, Inc.
Everything we do is in support of St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
Bonnie Green ’74: A New Chapter Begins
Bonnie Green, who has served on the Foundation’s Board of Directors from 1991 to 1993 and then again from 2006 to the present, ends her current term, as vice president, on September 25, 2018.
Bonnie served on the College’s Board of Trustees from 1993 to 2006 and as a member of the Center for the Study of Democracy’s Advisory Board. Bonnie is a very special donor who is a member of the Founders Circle ($100,000-$499,999) for her lifetime of giving. She created the Bonnie Marie Green Scholarship, a financial need scholarship for first generation and/or underserved students who are Maryland residents. Reflecting tireless decades of service and deep dedication and generosity to our institution – Bonnie received the College’s prestigious Order of the Ark and Dove in 2017.
Furthermore, as executive director of The Patuxent Partnership, Bonnie provides a critical link between the College, government, and industry. To her credit, she
- advocated for TPP’s $1 million investment to expand the physics department to include applied physics
- helped formalize Educational Partnerships with the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in 2011 and with the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Indian Head Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division this past March
- helped create, in partnership with the Center for the Study of Democracy, both the Patuxent Policy Group and the Patuxent Defense Forum to convene academics, military officers, and policy analysts in government and business to discuss issues central to U.S. foreign affairs and defense
- On behalf of The Patuxent Partnership, Bonnie received President Tuajuanda C. Jordan’s Trailblazer Award on September 6
Thank you, Bonnie, for your service!
Our vision is to attract significant resources to foster excellence at St. Mary’s College of Maryland through leadership in fundraising, prudent investing and stewardship.
Our mission is to initiate, cultivate and maintain strong lifelong relationships with alumni, friends and partners by creating a culture of giving, volunteer leadership and exemplary fiduciary responsibility toward the goal of a bright future as a preferred public liberal arts honors institution.
- Ensure the work of the Foundation is aligned with the strategic priorities of the College
- Increase the College’s capacity to fundraise
- Maintain the Foundation’s fiscal integrity and provide financial oversight to inspire confidence among donors and prospects
The SMCM Foundation is a private, non-profit 501(c)3 tax-exempt charitable organization that supports the College through sound fiscal management of a growing endowment portfolio. It is governed by a Board of Directors that gives its expertise and time in service to the College without compensation.