WHAT WE OFFER
Through courses, coaching, and connections, the Center for Career & Professional Development empowers St. Mary’s College of Maryland students and alumni to navigate and succeed in their professional journeys.
2023 ANNUAL REPORT
During the 2022–2023 academic year, we expanded our ability to serve our students, alumni, and community through a variety of initiatives as an essential part of the signature Learning through Experiential and Applied Discovery (LEAD) curriculum. Read about our successes here, or contact us for additional information.
Learn from professionals, polish your resume, celebrate career fashion, and get ready for Career & Internship Fair. More details coming soon!
Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. at the ARC Rec Courts
Thanks to our generous sponsors for making this event possible:
Kelly Generator • Maryland Environmental Service • Resource Management Concepts • The Patuxent Partnership • The Wills Group • Howard County Police Department • Baltimore City Police Department
Find open positions—jobs, internships, and more • Connect with employers to explore career paths • Get free professional photos for your Handshake and LinkedIn profiles • Enter to win prizes!
JCPenney Suit-Up Event
September 29th, 2023 | 4:00pm
Fall 2023 Career Week
October 16th, 2023 | 8:00am
Career Week Dress for Success Fashion Show
October 16th, 2023 | 5:00pm
Professional Pathways Panel + Meet & Greet: Wish I Knew Then: Alumni Advice for Launching Your Career
October 17th, 2023 | 11:20am
Career & Internship Fair Prep Workshop
October 18th, 2023 | 11:00am
Professional Pathways Panel + Meet & Greet: Career Transitions in a Dynamic World
October 19th, 2023 | 4:45pm
Pumpkin Spice Up Your Resume
October 20th, 2023 | 11:30am
Fall 2023 Career & Internship Fair
October 25th, 2023 | 10:00am
- Diverse Identities in Corporate Finance - Whirlpool Corp. Leaders Share Their Journey (Thursday, September 28th 2023, 11:30 am - 12:00 pm EDT)
- Fall 2023 COVID Information Commons Webinar: Research Lightning Talks and Q&A (Tuesday, October 10th 2023, 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm EDT)
- Allied Health Virtual Hiring Event (Tuesday, October 24th 2023, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT)
- Henkel @ WE23 (Thursday, October 26th 2023, 8:00 am PDT - Saturday, October 28th 2023, 6:00 pm PDT)
- Henkel @ 2023 SHPE National Convention (Wednesday, November 1st 2023, 8:00 am MDT - Saturday, November 4th 2023, 8:00 pm MDT)
- Quantitative Finance Open House (Monday, October 9th 2023, 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT)
- Merck R&D Global Project Management Info Session - 2024 Internship (Monday, October 9th 2023, 12:00 pm - 1:05 pm EDT)
- Booz Allen’s Workforce of the Future: Quantum (Tuesday, November 14th 2023, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST)
- Booz Allen’s Workforce of the Future: AI (Thursday, November 2nd 2023, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT)
- Ask Me Anything: GWI Application (Wednesday, November 1st 2023, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT)
We want to help you prepare for the future! Whether you are a St. Mary’s College student or alum, you can meet with our team in person, online, or by phone for help with the following:
The Professional Pathways (CORE-P) courses are a key component of the Learning through Experiential and Applied Discovery (LEAD) curriculum. CORE-P courses prepare students to successfully bridge from college to career, and are based on the career-readiness competencies identified by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Writing a great resume, cover letter and reference list can open doors for you, and we’d like to help! See the tips below for detailed instructions on how to write them effectively.
We can share resources that help students find an internship year-round! Earning credit for your internship is also an option to all students. Be sure to contact our Internship Coordinator before starting an internship if you want to learn more about the process or are interested in earning credit.
CHART YOUR CAREER PATH
Not sure what path to pursue? Our team can help you analyze industries and your interests to guide you towards career success. Please click the “Make an appointment” button below or explore the following resources.
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
Students can use their St. Mary’s College login for their Handshake account at smcm.joinhandshake.com. To find on-campus jobs and internships, search for “Saint Mary’s City”. Recent alumni can also use Handshake—just email us at email@example.com and we’ll help you sign up!