When you apply for admission, we review your application in holistic manner. This means we consider many factors, as evidenced by your transcript, essay, recommendations, any test scores, extracurricular activities, and what you tell us on your application. Admission is not based on a formula. It is a thoughtful process. The Admission Committee takes the time to get to know you as a student and as a person as we consider you becoming a member of the Seahawk community.
We look forward to receiving your application.
A complete application includes the following:
- The Application
- Includes the essay (and our supplement) submitted by the applicable deadline
- Official transcript of high school
- Grades from the first marking period of your senior year or work to date
- If applicable, college work must also be submitted
- If you have already graduated from high school, please submit your final, official high school transcript with date of graduation
- Secondary School Report/Counselor Recommendation: 1 Required
- Teacher Evaluation(s): 1 Required, 1 Optional
- Other Evaluation(s): 0 Required, 1 Optional
- Standardized test scores (NOT required)
- Check out our test-optional policy, so you may decide if you want to submit your standardized test results
- If you do, you may choose to self-report your scores by submitting a screen shot of your results, or
- You may have the scores sent from the testing agency; provide SMCM codes: SAT (code 5601) or ACT (code 1736)
- $50 application fee (Note: Fee waived for all first-generation applicants and for students with a fee waiver)
- Campus visits (in person or virtual) are highly recommended
We look forward to reading your application!
Mailing InformationSt. Mary’s College of Maryland
Office of Admission
47645 College Drive
St. Mary’s City, MD, 20686-3001
First-year Application Dates & Deadlines
Early Decision (binding)
|November 1||By December 1||January 15|
Early Action (non-binding)
|November 1||By January 1||May 1|
|January 15||By April 1||May 1|
*Applications considered on a space-available basis. Apply as soon as possible to be considered.
Apply today to join our Honors Community!