The Office of Institutional Research at St. Mary’s College of Maryland is the source for official institutional information and contributes to the high standard of excellence through supporting College goals by providing timely information to assist with planning, decision-making, and reporting.
The Office of Institutional Research is dedicated to data transparency, a core tenant of data science. We believe that data collection methods should be shared and open to scrutiny, and that results of data collection and research should be shared with campus constituents and, when appropriate, the general public. In support of data transparency, the Office of Institutional Research is committed to providing timely, accurate, and comprehensive data, and to fully disclosing institutional data to the extent allowed under relevant privacy laws (e.g. FERPA) and will not suppress or manipulate data at the request of any individual or office.
- Provide research and analysis to support College information-based planning and decision-making.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret institutional data on students, faculty, and staff members.
- Coordinate internal and external requests for institutional information.
- Oversee routine and non-routine reporting and requests from state, federal, and other external agencies.
- Develop a research agenda to support the needs of the institution.
Student Learning Assessment
Assessment of student learning is a collaborative effort between the faculty, staff, Provost’s Office, and the Office of Institutional Research. Click here to see Institutional Learning Outcomes. Contact Katy Arnett, Coordinator of Transparent Teaching and Assessment, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The release of requested information is a shared responsibility between the offices of institutional research and reporting, the registrar, and the requesting office or department.