Follow these instructions to apply for a Direct PLUS Loan
1. The student must accept the PLUS loan on the award letter on the Portal.
2. Go to https://studentloans.gov. New borrowers (parent) need to complete two steps—the request for
credit check and the Direct PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN). Parents who previously borrowed
only need to complete the request process (yearly credit check).
- Sign in with parent information and parent FSA ID.
- Complete all four steps and submit.
- A message will appear informing you if your credit was approved or declined. If declined, contact the Office of Financial Assistance to discuss the alternatives available to you.
- New Borrowers: Go to Sign Master Promissory Note.
- Select: Parent PLUS.
- Complete all steps, submit, and make sure you receive a confirmation message that your MPN has been submitted.