- April 17
Opening Night, Shakespeare in Hollywood, 8:00 p.m., Bruce Davis Theater, Montgomery Hall. For reservations, call the Theater Box Office @ 240-895-4243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. cost: $.
- April 18-27
Performances continue, Shakespeare in Hollywood, 8:00 p.m. evenings, 2:00 p.m. matinees, Bruce Davs Theater, Montgomery Hall. For reservations, call the Theater Box Office @ 240-895-4243 or email email@example.com. cost: $.
- May 2
Last day of regularly scheduled classes.
- May 7
TFMS Night, 7:00 p.m., a celebration of students' work in theater, performance, and film/media, Bruce Davis Theater, Montgomery Hall. Free and open to the public.
Table of Contents
- Liberal Arts Mission
- Production Policy
- Requirements for the
Theater Studies Major
- Requirements for the
Film and Media
Studies Major [pdf]
- Requirements for the Minors [pdf]
- Independent Study
- Junior Year Student-Faculty Conference
- Off-Campus Study
- Instructional Resources
- Filmmaking Resources
- Main Stage Productions & Film Series
- Talk-Back Night
- Audition Policy
- Performance Facilities
- Production and Shop Facilities
- Rules and Regulations for Use of Production and Shop Facilities
- Procedures for Requesting Use of Items
- Theater Production and Shop Positions and Their Responsibilities
- Paid Student Positions in TFMS
- The White Room
- TFMS Night
- Department Arts Alliance Awards
- The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival (KCACTF) Awards
- Opportunities for Graduates
- Letters of Recommendation
- Core Play-Reading List for Theater Studies Majors [pdf]
- Core Film List for Film and Media Studies Majors [pdf]
- Check List: Theater Studies Major [pdf]
- Check List: Film and Media Studies Major [pdf]
- Guidelines and Application Procedures for St. Mary's Projects [pdf];
Application Form for St. Mary's Projects (pdf)
- Recommendation Release Form [pdf]
- Course Requirement Waiver or Substitution Form (pdf)
Where Are They Now?
Megan Rippey (class of 2008, B.A. women, gender, and sexuality studies, minor in theater studies) recently completed her M.F.A. in acting at the California Institute of the Arts (class of 2013).
Site maintained by:
Mark A. Rhoda
For comments about this site or suggestions for its improvement, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arts Alliance Awards for Theater Excellence and for Excellence in Film and Media Studies
Underwritten by the St. Mary's College Arts Alliance, a community-based organization supporting the arts at St. Mary's College, the Arts Alliance Awards for Theater Excellence and for Excellence in Film and Media Studies are awarded each year by the faculty in TFMS to two students from the junior or senior class who have demonstrated excellence in coursework, production activities, and community service. Recipients of the awards will be announced at the annual Honors Convocation and will receive a cash stipend.
The Torre M. Meringolo Theater Award
Established in 2009 by former St. Mary's College Vice President Torre Meringolo, the Torre M. Meringolo Theater Award will be awarded each year by the faculty in TFMS to a junior or senior who exhibits great promise in acting. Recipients of the award will be announced at the annual Honors Convocation and will receive a cash stipend.