- November 26
Thanksgiving recess begins at 10:00 p.m.; classes resume Monday, December 2.
- December 13
Last day of regularly scheduled classes for fall semester; final exams begin Monday, December 16.
- January 21
Classes resume, spring semester 2014.
- January 23
8:15-9:15 p.m., Dance Studio, MH. Auditions for dance-theater project, Encounters.
Table of Contents
- Liberal Arts Mission
- Production Policy
- Requirements for the
Theater Studies Major
- Requirements for the
Film and Media
Studies Major [pdf]
- Requirements for the Minors [pdf]
- Independent Study
- Junior Year Student-Faculty Conference
- Off-Campus Study
- Instructional Resources
- Filmmaking Resources
- Main Stage Productions & Film Series
- Talk-Back Night
- Audition Policy
- Performance Facilities
- Production and Shop Facilities
- Rules and Regulations for Use of Production and Shop Facilities
- Procedures for Requesting Use of Items
- Theater Production and Shop Positions and Their Responsibilities
- Paid Student Positions in TFMS
- The White Room
- TFMS Night
- Department Arts Alliance Awards
- The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival (KCACTF) Awards
- Opportunities for Graduates
- Letters of Recommendation
- Core Play-Reading List for Theater Studies Majors [pdf]
- Core Film List for Film and Media Studies Majors [pdf]
- Check List: Theater Studies Major [pdf]
- Check List: Film and Media Studies Major [pdf]
- Guidelines and Application Procedures for St. Mary's Projects [pdf];
Application Form for St. Mary's Projects (pdf)
- Recommendation Release Form [pdf]
- Course Requirement Waiver or Substitution Form (pdf)
Where Are They Now?
Megan Rippey (class of 2008, B.A. women, gender, and sexuality studies, minor in theater studies) recently completed her M.F.A. in acting at the California Institute of the Arts (class of 2013).
Site maintained by:
Mark A. Rhoda
For comments about this site or suggestions for its improvement, contact: email@example.com
Paid Student Positions in TFMS
In addition to student aid programs available through the College, TFMS offers the following positions to assist students financially during their undergraduate careers:
Shop Assistants: Currently, TFMS offers shop assistant positions to be assigned to the technical director for work in the scene shop and to the resident designer for work in the costume shop. Shop assistants perform duties as assigned by the technical director and resident designer in all aspects of technical theater, and their responsibilities and working hours will be specified and arranged by their immediate supervisor. Students selected for these positions should possess knowledge in the proper use of machinery, tools, and other equipment in the scene or costume shops, although "on-site" training will be available for those without such knowledge. Students interested in a shop assistant position should contact the technical director or resident designer for further information.
Box Office Managers: Numbering two, the Box Office managers run the Box Office; one manager also assumes the responsibilities of house manager. They must be available during specified times to manage the office and to take phone calls and ticket reservations, and are responsible for handling proceeds from all performances of each main stage production and for keeping legible records of transactions. Students interested in fulfilling the duties of the Box Office managers should contact the theater operations specialist for further information.
Work-Study Assistants: Directed by the Financial Aid Office, work-study assistants in TFMS are selected by the theater operations specialist, resident designer, and technical director. Students interested in work-study positions in TFMS will assist the theater operations specialist in all aspects of front-of-house activities and the resident designer and technical director in the costume and scene shops. Interested students should contact the theater operations specialist and/or the resident designer or technical director for further information.