- November 26
Thanksgiving recess begins at 10:00 p.m.; classes resume Monday, December 2.
- December 13
Last day of regularly scheduled classes for fall semester; final exams begin Monday, December 16.
- January 21
Classes resume, spring semester 2014.
- January 23
8:15-9:15 p.m., Dance Studio, MH. Auditions for dance-theater project, Encounters.
Table of Contents
- Liberal Arts Mission
- Production Policy
- Requirements for the
Theater Studies Major
- Requirements for the
Film and Media
Studies Major [pdf]
- Requirements for the Minors [pdf]
- Independent Study
- Junior Year Student-Faculty Conference
- Off-Campus Study
- Instructional Resources
- Filmmaking Resources
- Main Stage Productions & Film Series
- Talk-Back Night
- Audition Policy
- Performance Facilities
- Production and Shop Facilities
- Rules and Regulations for Use of Production and Shop Facilities
- Procedures for Requesting Use of Items
- Theater Production and Shop Positions and Their Responsibilities
- Paid Student Positions in TFMS
- The White Room
- TFMS Night
- Department Arts Alliance Awards
- The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival (KCACTF) Awards
- Opportunities for Graduates
- Letters of Recommendation
- Core Play-Reading List for Theater Studies Majors [pdf]
- Core Film List for Film and Media Studies Majors [pdf]
- Check List: Theater Studies Major [pdf]
- Check List: Film and Media Studies Major [pdf]
- Guidelines and Application Procedures for St. Mary's Projects [pdf];
Application Form for St. Mary's Projects (pdf)
- Recommendation Release Form [pdf]
- Course Requirement Waiver or Substitution Form (pdf)
Where Are They Now?
Megan Rippey (class of 2008, B.A. women, gender, and sexuality studies, minor in theater studies) recently completed her M.F.A. in acting at the California Institute of the Arts (class of 2013).
Site maintained by:
Mark A. Rhoda
For comments about this site or suggestions for its improvement, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedures for Requesting Use of Items
Students fulfilling requirements of a St. Mary's Project or Independent Study, or producing a White Room show, have access to properties, costume pieces, and furniture/scenery pieces for use in their creative projects. Students fulfilling requirements of acting classes (scene work), directing classes (directing projects), or film production classes have limited access to these items. Generally, these students are responsible for supplying their own props and costume pieces; access to furniture pieces will be approved only under special circumstances and by the technical director. Note: Main stage productions have priority in the use of all properties, costume pieces, and furniture/scenery pieces.
The department has implemented a system for requesting properties, costume pieces, and furniture/scenery pieces. Requests for furniture/scenery pieces must be made to the technical director, for costume pieces, accessories, and props to the resident designer. Students must sign out all items before their use. Students must request items at least 24 hours in advance of their intended use; all "special requests," which must meet the approval of the technical director or resident designer, must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the item's intended use. No "last-minute" requests will be honored. If students circumvent these procedures, all privileges for shop facilities' use will be rescinded. Note: The technical director and resident designer reserve the right to approve or deny student requests at any time. Students are responsible for replacing any damaged, lost, or unreturned items at their own expense.