The Office of International Education will coordinate pick-up and transportation for arriving exchange students. Please make sure you send your flight details to the IE Office as soon as possible in order to coordinate your arrival.
Once on campus, students will participate in both an Orientation for International Students and Scholars and SMCM’s New Student Orientation for all new students. Both orientation programs will help international and exchange students get to know the campus and its many services for students.
While at St. Mary’s
Learn about campus activities and news through such resources as:
- Campus Recreation Program: activities, excursions, trips, and more!
- Campus Events Calendar: online events calendar
- The Point News: the student newspaper
- The River Gazette: SMCM community newspaper
- The Bulletin: an online weekly newsletter
- Service and Social Change: community service opportunities
Excursions and Travel
The Office of International Education will organize a series of local and regional excursions for visiting international and exchange students and scholars to such places as Washington, DC, Baltimore, Annapolis, Alexandria, and more. We organize three or four excursions each semester.
Public transportation is quite limited in Southern Maryland. We have a regional minibus route as well as a commuter bus route that you can investigate.