National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
STOCK THE PANTRY Food Drive
As part of the Hunger-Free Campus initiative, SMCM’s Division of Inclusive Diversity, Equity, Access, and Accountability (IDEAA) has joined forces with our community partners to host a weeklong food drive. Our goal is to stock our campus food pantry as well as help our local community food pantry, HOPE Food Pantry.
We will be accepting donations of nonperishable (non-expired) food items, personal care items, diapers, and baby formula throughout the National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, November 12 – November 20, 2022.
Drop-off sites on campus:
– All academic building administrative offices
– Lucille Clifton House
– Campus Center (main hall or food pantry)
– Daugherty-Palmer Commons (DPC) Lobby
Drive-through donation drop-off sites (7:30 am – 9:30 am)
– Tuesday, November 15: Daugherty-Palmer Commons (DPC)
– Wednesday, November 16: Parrish Hall lot by Lucille Clifton House
– Thursday, November 17: Glendening Hall Lot between Lot V and Lot Z
– Friday, November 18: Daugherty-Palmers Commons (DPC)
Community drop-off site (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday)
– The Patuxent Partnership 22335 Exploration Drive, Lexington Park
Event drop-off site (8:30 am – 9:30 am, Saturday, November 19)
– CBRC Thanksgiving 5K Run/Walk and Fun Walk at Historic St. Mary’s City Visitors Center
18751 Hogaboom Lane, St. Mary’s City, MD
For more information, please contact Sarah Cannavo (email@example.com) or Derek Young (firstname.lastname@example.org).