The admissions field was renovated in order to provide a more useable recreational area for students. We identified admissions field as an important open space for the College and wanted to make sure that we maintain it in a way that benefits the campus visually as well as recreationally. The turf on the admissions field was transplanted from the stadium field when that field was re-graded and renovated in 2007. The turf is a Bermuda grass which can stand up to higher recreational use and is more disease resistant than the fescue/bluegrass mix that we use elsewhere on campus. In order to establish and maintain the turf, the College came up with an innovative method of using the stormwater that is stored in the Townhouse pond. By using the pond water, we are eliminating the use of potable water for the irrigation of this field.
PROCEDURES FOR SERVICE REQUESTS
The following process is used to request maintenance services, copier paper, memo pads, and labels. For an emergency (i.e., an imminent threat to health or safety), call the following departments and we will work with you to appropriately resolve the situation:
- From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. call the Physical Plant at x4287.
- During non-business hours, 5 p.m. to 8 a.m., holidays and weekends call Public Safety at x4911.
- All requests for maintenance, housekeeping, and grounds are made through web ePAC. If the request is urgent, but not an emergency, please enter it into web ePAC first, and then call the Physical Plant at X4287 to let us know why the request is urgent.
- Requests for key card or key card door issues, cable, internet, and phone service requests should be made through Office of Information Technology (OIT).
- Requests for events should be made through the Events Management System. Contact the Office of Conferences and Events with questions.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us at x4287.
The web ePAC system can be accessed at http://epac.smcm.edu/webrequest/loginepac.aspx?app=serv. Your user name is your first initial and last name (e.g., "smith"), and your password is your 6-digit campus ID number. (Returning RA's accounts have not been changed, so your password is the same as it was last year.)
If you have never used the online work order system, the first time you log on you may experience a problem with the IE pop-up blocker tool bar. If this tool bar appears at the top of your screen just under the internet browser bar, please right click on it and select "always allow pop-ups," then select "retry" and your work order log in screen should appear. Be sure to also check any other pop-up blockers you may have running, such as in Yahoo or Google toolbars.
Once you have logged in, all you need to do is fill in the yellow fields:
- Choose your building from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your room number under "Asset" from the drop-down menu.
- Write a complete description of the problem.
- Choose your name under "Requestor" from the drop-down menu.
If you have a problem with any of the drop-down menus, manually enter your building name, room number, and enter your name under "Requestor" in the form of "last name, first name" (e.g., "Smith, John"). When request have been reviewed and processed, you should be notified via email. If you do not receive confirmation please feel free to call for verification of receipt.
If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at x4287.