St. Mary’s College of Maryland Transfer Edge Program (STEP)
Provisions of the Agreement
- CSM students may express interest in STEP at the time they apply or thereafter. CSM will email eligible students each semester to promote this opportunity.
- If interested, complete this STEP Interest Form . It can also be found on the CSM website that describes the SMCM STEP program or on the SMCM admission.
- You must have a 2.75 cumulative college GPA and have completed a minimum of 15 college credits prior to enrolling in your first STEP semester. These 15 credits may come from multiple institutions.
- To be accepted you provide your most recent academic transcript (including any in-progress coursework) for review prior to the semester you are planning to participate in.
- Once admitted into STEP, you will sign a waiver permitting CSM and SMCM to share your transcripts with the each college.
- Where you wish to transfer to SMCM you complete the Intent to Enroll Form by the application deadline date for the entry term of interest and shall meet the minimum SMCM admission requirements. The application fee is free to you.
- The CSM will provide a free, unofficial transcript for students via their MyCSMD webportal. CSM will provide academic advisement to STEP participants.
- STEP students receive a “CSM STEP Scholarship/waiver” equal to 50% of billable SMCM tuition and any mandatory fees.
- SMCM will send copies of SMCM transcripts free of charge for STEP students to CSM at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters. This process will continue until the student has matriculated at SMCM.
- STEP students will have all the rights and responsibilities of a non-degree, part-time
- STEP students will be able to utilize campus tutoring services specifically related to their SMCM
- STEP students also will receive an SMCM ID card and will have access to SMCM library, recreation facilities, and can attend campus student events while enrolled in SMCM courses. They will also be permitted to obtain a per semester parking decal at no charge.
- STEP students who receive a final grade of C- or lower in an SMCM course will lose their eligibility to participate in the STEP program.
- After completing STEP, students who pursue a baccalaureate degree will follow all the requirements of SMCM transfer (See the Transfer Agreement)
- SMCM will guarantee housing for CSM students who successfully matriculate to SMCM and submit their housing deposit on time.
- For advisement about STEP at the College of Southern Maryland, please contact Jacqui Rogers- email@example.com
- For STEP advisement at St. Mary’s College, please contact Deena Kelly.- firstname.lastname@example.org