The College grounds are maintained by re-seeding trampled lawns, pruning and shaping of shrubs, planting of and caring for the multitude of flower beds found throughout the Campus, lawn cutting and daily grounds inspections to ensure the continued beauty of all the grounds surrounding and encompassing St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
75 Acres of Lawns
- Mowed areas receive as needed mowing required keeping grass height at 3”.
- Naturalized meadow areas receive an annual mowing in the fall.
- 9 irrigations systems are maintained and supported.
- Fertilizing is done on a very limited basis.
- Weed Control.
Tree and Shrub Plantings
- Dead and diseased plantings are replaced with healthy specimens.
- Mulching is provided seasonally and maintained.
- Pruning and shape control to maintain health.
3 Acres Flower Beds
- Perennial and Annual Flower Beds are weeded and maintained seasonally.
1.74 Miles of Road, 1Mile of Sidewalks, 10 Acres of Parking Lots
- Periodic clean up and sweeping of Steps, Sidewalks and Patios of organic and inorganic material.
- Steps, Sidewalks, Lots, Roads are kept clear of snow. Salt and ECOMAG (environmentally safe ice melt) is applied for ice control
Waste and Recycling
- Monday through Saturday service of 50 sets of exterior recycle and trash containers Campus wide by Trash Company.
- Daily trash pickup from free standing recycle and trash containers Campus wide.
- Works closely with Sustainability Department to ensure refuse and compost collections.