Web Content Specialist
St. Mary’s College of Maryland at Historic St. Mary’s City is accepting résumés for the position of Web Content Specialist in Institutional Advancement. This is a key role on our integrated marketing and communications team, responsible for communicating the College’s brand, vision, and spirit through engaging visual and written content. This is a full-time position with benefits provided.
Duties include writing content for the web; creating and executing a comprehensive content strategy for the website which promotes the College’s brand and messaging; prototyping, designing, and testing sites with regard to user experience (UX) and user interfaces (UI); and compliance with ADA/Section 508 standards. Monitoring key website metrics in Google Analytics and making recommendations based on content marketing effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in communications, public relations, electronic media, journalism, computer science or a related field.
- Excellent understanding and hands-on experience with writing content for the web, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Excellent understanding of content strategy as it applies to the world wide web.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience writing content for the Web.
- One or more years of experience in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- One or more years of experience with a Content Management System (CMS), preferably WordPress and Drupal.
- Experience with HTML/CSS/Photoshop/MacOS.
- Strong experience with search engine optimization and 508 compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well in a fast paced, service-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service attitude, troubleshooting skills and abilities.
- Familiarity with graphics and web software packages preferred.
- Ability to grow and enhance skills in web design and development.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
St. Mary's College of Maryland, the National Public Honors College, is located in Historic St. Mary's City, 70 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. St. Mary’s College is one of the nation’s best public liberal arts colleges – ranked near the top in U.S. News & World Report and a Best Value for in-state and out-of-state students. Non-sectarian since its founding, the college with its scenic waterfront campus is primarily undergraduate and residential, with a diverse coeducational student body numbering approximately 1600. The up-to-date curriculum is designed for today’s students who want an active, hands-on education led by professors who are committed teachers and experts in their fields. The quality of life is enhanced by the recreational opportunities of the Chesapeake region and close proximity to the amenities of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Richmond.
St. Mary’s College (www.smcm.edu) embodies diversity and inclusion in its mission. We create an environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences and we encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to our cultural and ethnic diversity. Application materials should include a cover letter, résumé (including e-mail address), and three references and submitted online at: apply.interfolio.com/126930. Questions may be directed to Sandy Abell at 240-895-4282.
Review of résumés will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website: www.smcm.edu/hr
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.