New Student Move-In Information
Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Move-in times will be staggered and assigned. Students move-in time will be included in your Housing Assignment Confirmation email.
- Students will check in at the lobby of their residence hall.
New Student Commuter Check-In
August 25, 2021, 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Students will check in at Aldom Lounge, Campus Center.
Complete Fall 21 Orientation Schedule
Week Of Welcome (WOW) August 25-29
The WOW was created by the St. Mary’s College New Student Experiences Team and consists of fully integrated social, academic, and wellness experiences designed to:
- Aid students in transitioning from their previous environment to SMCM.
- Acquaint new students with the St. Mary’s Way, our mission, programs and services
- Inform students of the resources to support their academic success
- Enhance students’ understanding of personal strategies for their success and begin to understand their own potential challenges
- Provide students and their families with opportunities to to engage with students, faculty and staff
- Enable students to begin to connect with the SMCM community and feel confident and excited about attending SMCM
- Enable students to graduate in 4 years or less
Wednesday, August 25th
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM Residence Hall Move-in and Orientation Check-in
11:00 AM – 1:30 PM Lunch | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
1:45 PM – 2:15 PM Commuter Student Orientation Check-in| Campus Center
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM New Students and Families Say Their Goodbyes
2:30 PM – 3:00 PM Welcome and Overview of Orientation| Townhouse Greens
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM Orientation Small Groups| Admissions Field
4:45 PM – 6:45 PM Welcome BBQ & Campus Tours | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM Residence Hall Meetings and Programs
7:00 PM – 8:00PM Commuter Student Meeting| Commuter Lounge, Campus Center
8:30 PM – 9:30 PM The St. Mary’s Way Twilight Induction Ceremony| Jamie L Roberts Stadium
9:30 PM – 10:30 PM Scavenger Hunt| Around Campus
Thursday, August 26th:
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Breakfast | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Opening Convocation| /Townhouse Green
10:15 AM – 11:30 PM Where’s My Class? / Connect to Tech
11:45 AM – 1:00 PM Lunch | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
Orientation Group Time
1:15 AM – 4:50 PM College 101 Success in Year One, Title IX and Your Rights, How is Covid Learning Different from Being in Class- OL’s have rooms
4:55 PM – 6:45 PM Dinner | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
7:30 PM – 9:30 PM Residence Hall Socials
Friday, August 27th:
8:00 AM – 9:15 AM Breakfast | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
9:30 AM – 10:30 PM Core 101- OL’s have rooms
10:45 AM – 1:30 PM Advising Quick Appointments with Advisors
12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Lunch | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
2:30 PM – 3:45 PM IDEA2
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Let’s Talk About Sex| ARC
5:15 PM – 7:00 PM Dinner | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
Orientation Group Time
8:00 PM – 9:30 PM Magician
Saturday, August 28th:
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM Brunch | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
10:45 AM – 5:30 PM Community Engagement- DPC, Wellness Activity- Cole Cinema, Academic Fact or Cap?- GP198, Orientation Group Time| OL’s have rooms
5:30 PM – 7:15 PM Dinner | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
8:00 PM – 11:00 PM Late Night @ the ARC brought to you by SGA Programs Board
Sunday, August 29th:
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM Transportation to religious services | Daugherty-Palmer Commons (DPC)
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Brunch | The J. Frank Raley Great Room, Campus Center
12:30 PM – 1:45 PM President’s Book Signing & Closing | Townhouse Green
2:00 PM – 4:30 PM Waterfront Information Session, Waterfront Activities, & Lucille Clifton Open House | James P. Muldoon River
Orientation Team (OTeam)
The Orientation Team – OTeam for short – is responsible for welcoming new students to St. Mary’s and helping them to transition to our college. The OTeam is made up of three parts:
- Orientation Coordinators (also known as OCore) – Responsible for the recruitment and development of the OTeam, as well as the execution of OTeam training and the Fall and January Orientation Programs.
- Orientation Staff – Work on logistics, and help with set up and tear down.
- Orientation Leaders – Lead their own group of new students during Orientation.