Week of Welcome (WOW) Aug 25-28
The WOW was created by the St. Mary’s College New Student Experiences Team and consists of fully integrated social, academic, and wellness experiences designed to:
- Aid students in transitioning from their previous environment to SMCM
- Acquaint new students with the St. Mary’s Way, our mission, programs and services
- Enhance student’s understanding of personal strategies for their success and begin to understand their own potential challenges
- Provide students and their families with opportunities to engage with student students, faculty and staff
- Enable students to begin to connect with the SMCM community and feel confident and excited about attending SMCM
- Enable students to graduate in 4 years of less
New Student Move-In Information
Thursday, August 25, 2022, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Move-in times will be staggered and assigned. Students move-in time will be included in your Housing Assignment Confirmation email.
- Students will check in at the lobby of their residence hall.
New Student Commuter Check-In
Thursday, August 25, 2022, 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Students will check in at Aldom Lounge, Campus Center.
COMPLETE FALL 22 ORIENTATION SCHEDULE – COMING SOON
Orientation Team (OTeam)
The Orientation Team – OTeam for short – is responsible for welcoming new students to St. Mary’s and helping them to transition to our college. The OTeam is made up of three parts:
- Orientation Coordinators (also known as OCore) – Responsible for the recruitment and development of the OTeam, as well as the execution of OTeam training and the Fall and January Orientation Programs.
- Orientation Staff – Work on logistics, and help with set up and tear down.
- Orientation Leaders – Lead their own group of new students during Orientation.