NEW STUDENT MOVE-IN INFORMATION
Thursday, August 25, 2022, 8:00a.m. to 2:00p.m.
Avoiding Traffic Congestion
The area around the traditional residence halls (where most first-year students live) can become congested. We ask that you unload your belongings quickly to the curb outside your residence hall and then move your vehicle to Lot T.
- Students will check in at the lobby of their residence hall.
- Face covering are required to enter the building.
- New students will transition to orientation at 2:30 p.m.
You will be given important information when you check in, including:
- Your SMCM ID card – This will give you access to your residence hall, activates the laundry machines, and activates your meal plan, flex and debit accounts.
- A schedule – Listing activities for Orientation Weekend.
- Your room key – Put this in a safe place. Do not duplicate it or give it out to anyone.
- Room Condition Report (RCR) instructions – You should conduct a thorough inspection of your room and note any items that are damaged or missing. This form needs to be submitted electronically within the first two weeks of classes.
- A helpful information list – Provided by offices around campus.
For more information on Orientation Activities, please go to the New Student Information website.
RETURNING STUDENT MOVE-IN INFORMATION
Move-in times will be staggered and assigned. Students move-in time will be included in your Housing Assignment Confirmation email.
Saturday, August 27, 2022 – 10:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
Sunday, August 28, 2022 – 10:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
- Sign-Up: You will need to signup for an available check-in time (10am-5pm on August 27 or 28). A specific amount of timeslots will be available during each arrival period; the number of slots will not be changed. Once you signup for a time, you cannot change it.
- Guest: In order to further maintain social distancing, guests will not be permitted inside the residential buildings on these move-in days. Please plan accordingly.
- Check-In: When you arrive on campus at your scheduled time, you should report to the RA office for your area to check-in.
- Parking: You are permitted to park your vehicle on the street or in front of your building while unloading your items but you should move your car to your designated parking lot within 20 minutes of your check-in. College Drive will be designated for one-way traffic, entering through the Mattapany entrance.