All Residences Open for Returning Students on Sunday and Monday, January 15th and 16th starting at 10am.
Check-in is required for ALL new and returning students; please make your way to the RA Office for your Residential Area during your selected check-in time. Check-in Selection Timesheets will be emailed to all students before they return for break. Sign-up is required!
Fall 2022 NEW STUDENT MOVE-IN INFORMATION
(First-Year Students) – Thursday, August 25, 2022, 8:00a.m. to 1:00p.m.
(New Transfer Students) – Friday, August 26, 2022, 10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.
Avoiding Traffic Congestion
The area around the traditional residence halls (where most first-year students live) can become congested. We ask that you unload your belongings quickly to the curb outside your residence hall and then move your vehicle to Lot T.
- Students will receive a signup sheet in early August to designate what time they will arrive on campus on move-in day.
- Students will check in at the lobby of their residence hall.
- Face covering are recommended when entering the building.
- New First Year Students will transition to orientation at 2:30 p.m. on August 25th.
You will be given important information when you check in, including:
- Your SMCM ID card – This will give you access to your residence hall, activates the laundry machines, and activates your meal plan, flex and debit accounts.
- A schedule – Listing activities for Orientation Weekend.
- Your room key – Put this in a safe place. Do not duplicate it or give it out to anyone.
- Room Condition Report (RCR) instructions – You should conduct a thorough inspection of your room and note any items that are damaged or missing. This form needs to be submitted electronically within the first two weeks of classes.
- A helpful information list – Provided by offices around campus.
For more information on Orientation Activities, please go to the New Student Information website.
RETURNING STUDENT MOVE-IN INFORMATION
Move-in times will be staggered and assigned.
Saturday, August 27, 2022 – 10:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
Sunday, August 28, 2022 – 10:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
- Sign-Up: You will need to signup for an available check-in time (10am-5pm on August 27 or 28). A specific amount of timeslots will be available during each arrival period; the number of slots will not be changed. Once you signup for a time, you cannot change it. Check-in appointments will not be permitted outside of the above listed times.
- Guest: Guests are permitted to assist with move-in, but students are encouraged to bring only two guests in order to further maintain social distancing and reduce traffic to and from the residential spaces.
- Check-In: When you arrive on campus at your scheduled time, you should report to the RA office for your area to check-in. Facial coverings are recommended during check-in.
- Parking: You are permitted to park your vehicle on the street or in front of your building while unloading your items, but you should move your car to your designated parking lot within 20 minutes of your check-in. College Drive will be designated for one-way traffic, entering through the Mattapany entrance. Students should register for a parking pass prior to arrival on campus and returning students can pick up their parking permit as early as August 1, 2022.