The price for the 15-day study tour will be between $4500 to $5,000, depending on the number of students and on the price of our airline tickets. We have inflated this price in case the airline ticket is high; we’ve always paid much less than budgeted. This means it will likely be less. The first payment due is $1,500, and the rest of the installments will be calculated based on the updated costs.
This price includes:
- Round-trip airfare between DC area airport and Lima
- One-way airfare between Lima and Trujillo, Peru
- One-way airfare between Trujillo, Peru, and Cusco, Peru.
- Round-trip train fare between Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo
- Hotel stays in Trujillo, Ollantaytambo, and Aguas Calientes
- Ground transfers to/from airports and all excursions while in Perú
- Entrance to all archaeological sites, including Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu, Moche, Chan Chan, Ollantaytambo, Sacsayhuaman, and Tambo Machay
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Walk through San Pedro market
- “Tourist Ticket,” which gives you access to numerous archeological sites including Q’enqo, Puca Pucara, Pikillacta, Tipon, Chinchero, Moray, and Pisac, AND to six museums in Cusco that you could visit on your own
- Cusco City Tour with tour guide (including tickets to Qorikancha, and Cathedral)
- Visit to Chinchero—Weaving demonstration and workshop.
- A pottery workshop
- Most meals in Peru
- Insurance coverage for the duration of the trip.
- A cellphone for each student (phone card not included)
This price does NOT include:
- Cost of SMCM Summer Tuition
- Several meals, including those while traveling to/from the United States as well as lunch/dinner while in Trujillo (2 days)
- A few meals that are included will not provide beverages
- Phone card (amount is up to you)
- Money for souvenirs/presents
Payments need to be made by:
- $1,500 by February 10th, 2020
- $2,500 by March 16th 2020
- Remainder (depending on the number of students registered) April 7th, 2020
Payments with Mastercard, Discover, American Express or Diners Club can be done online via CASHNet. Checks won’t be accepted on campus, but can be mailed to:
Attn: Andean Study Tour
47645 College Drive
St. Mary’s City, MD 20686
Please write “Andean Study Tour 2020” on the memo line, and include your student ID#.
Those canceling their participation before the final payment will be refunded the airline ticket (following the airline’s policies: This usually means getting an airline voucher, minus a re-ticketing fee). We will work with Centro Tinku to obtain as much of a refund as possible (which will depend on how close to departure date the cancelation takes place).