ST. MARY’S COLLEGE OF MARYLAND COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION
Spring Senior Events
Senior Week Activities
Enjoy pizza and a movie with your classmates under the stars!
Meet at the recreation courts in the Arena at the Michael P. O’Brien Athletics and Recreation Center. The rehearsal takes about an hour and will provide useful information and serve as a practice for the next day. If you absolutely cannot attend the rehearsal, contact the Office of the Registrar, 240-895-4336 to report your absence.
Suggested local Restaurants Include:
- Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill – 13200 Dowell Rd, Dowell
- The Island Hideaway -14556 Solomons Island Rd S, Solomons
- The Pier Restaurant – 14575 Solomons Island Rd S, Solomons
- The Lighthouse Restaurant and Dockbar -14636 Solomons Island Rd S, Solomons
- The Front Porch – 22770 Washington St, Leonardtown
- SweetBay Restaurant & Bar – 22680 Washington Street, Leonardtown
- Hacienda Los Guayabos Mexican Grill – 19661 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park
- Asahi Japanese Steak & Seafood – 22576 MacArthur Blvd. #302, California
- Pier450 – Restaurant – 48342 Wynne Rd, Ridge
Date, Time, Place, Ceremony Tickets, and Seating
The ceremony begins at 10:00 a.m. sharp on the Townhouse Green. All graduates will assemble at the Arena at the Michael P. O’Brien Athletics and Recreation Center no later than 9:15 a.m. Please be sure to wear caps and gowns.
No tickets are necessary for the Commencement ceremony. Seating is first-come, first-served. Although the area will be tented, some seating is in an open area in full sun. Guests should be prepared with hats, sunscreen, and other protective measures. Please bring rain gear if the weather is threatening. The event is held outside, rain or shine. No seats may be held for guests without someone being physically present to hold them.
Caps & Gowns
Personal photography by family members and friends is allowed from behind the ropes. Family members are urged to cooperate with Commencement officials by limiting their photography to ensure that all who wish to take photos have the opportunity.
Commencement Traffic & Parking
Need a unique gift idea for a graduating senior? Honor their legacy on campus with an engraved plaque on an auditorium seat or stadium locker.
For more information or to inscribe multiple plaques, contact Miranda Pontarelli, annual giving officer, at (240) 895-2122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families are encouraged to make hotel arrangements as early as possible. The following hotels have set aside rooms to accommodate SMCM families.
- Hampton Inn Lexington Park – (∼ 8 miles) 22211 Three Notch Rd., Lexington Park, MD 20653; 301-863-3200.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott – (∼ 8 miles) 22119 Three Notch Rd., Lexington Park, MD 20653; 301-863-0203.
- Home2Suites by Hilton – (∼ 8 miles) 46058 Valley Dr., Lexington Park, MD 20653; 301-866-1416. Click here to make a reservation.
- Country Inn & Suites – (∼ 11 miles) 44941 Worth Ln, California, MD 20619; 301-737-5227.
Wrapping up at St. Mary’s
Summer 2022 & Fall 2022 Grads
First Destination Survey
Everyone’s been asking – what are you doing after graduation? SMCM wants to know, too! We’re collecting information on where graduates go after graduation. If you know your plans, please let us know by filling out the First Destination Survey. This will help us to improve our existing programs and to attract new students! The survey is open now, through the end of December 2022. Look for an email from the SMCM Center for Career and Professional Development that contains your personalized link to the survey. Questions, or can’t find the email? Contact Anne Marie Brady, Director of Institutional Research, at email@example.com.