St. Mary’s grads, get ready to make your mark on the world!
The ceremony begins at 10:00 a.m. sharp on Townhouse Green. All graduates will assemble at the Recreation Courts no later than 9:15 a.m. Please be sure to wear caps and gowns.
We hope the following information will be helpful in your plans to attend the Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 16, 2020. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation on this very special day.
- The ceremony will be held, rain or shine, under a large tent on Townhouse Green. Tickets are not required. Depending on the weather forecast, you may want to include rain gear or sunscreen and hats.
- The Commencement site will open at 8:30 a.m. Personal items left on chairs do not constitute reserved seating. The first three rows on both sides of general seating are reserved for wheelchairs, guests who are seeing- or hearing-impaired, and special guests of the College.
- We ask that everyone mute their cell phones during the ceremony.
We look forward to sharing this special time with the Class of 2020 and their families and friends. If you need further information about Commencement logistics, please call the Events & Conferences Office at (240) 895-4310.
CAPS & GOWNS
SUMMER 2018 & FALL 2018 GRADS
Families are encouraged to make hotel arrangements as early as possible. The following hotels have set aside rooms to accommodate SMCM families.
- Hampton Inn Lexington Park – $89/night (∼ 8 miles) 22211 Three Notch Rd., Lexington Park, MD 20653; 301-863-3200.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott – $89/night (∼ 8 miles) 22119 Three Notch Rd., Lexington Park, MD 20653; 301-863-0203. Click here to make a reservation.
- Home2Suites by Hilton – $129/night (∼ 8 miles) 46058 Valley Dr., Lexington Park, MD 20653; 301-866-1416. Click here to make a reservation.
- Country Inn & Suites – $116/night (∼ 11 miles) 44941 Worth Ln, California, MD 20619; 301-737-5227.