Welcome to St. Mary’s College! Information and required forms for new students are conveniently placed on this page to ensure every student can access our care while they are on campus.
Please read our Scope of Service to better understand the scope and limitation of the services offered on campus. If you have concerns about your health/mental health or your student’s health/mental health, please contact the Director, Laurie Scherer, at 240-895-4289 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to discuss your concerns.
- Appointments with counselors, health care providers, and the psychiatrist are free of charge.
- Lab tests and medications distributed from the Wellness Center are free of charge.
- Some over the counter medications are available to students free of charge.
- Lab tests that are sent to an external lab will incur an expense to the student. If the lab test will incur a cost the staff will explain the procedure to the student and bill insurance as appropriate.
- Prescriptions for medication are sent to pharmacies and students must pay out of pocket or use insurance when they pick up the prescription. Two local pharmacies deliver to campus (click here for more information).
- St. Mary’s DOES NOT require students to buy campus insurance or sign a waiver that they have adequate health insurance.
Forms Required Before Students Come to Campus
- Students who live on campus are REQUIRED by the State of Maryland to share proof they have received the meningitis vaccine OR sign the state waiver. Complete the required MENINGITIS form HERE.
- Students who will be under the age of 18 when they start the academic year are required to have parents/guardians sign an Authorization to Treat form. Students over 18 will be asked to sign the form when they access care. Click HERE for the AUTHORIZATION TO TREAT form.
Information Required Before Students Receive Services
No student will be denied care in an emergency. For routine appointments, care will be given after the student completes the health history information.
Students can upload their health history and immunization information before they come to campus through the Student Portal directly into our Electronic Medical Records. If there is a problem accessing the student portal, please email email@example.com for support.
To access the Student Portal:
- You must have received your student email (@smcm.edu) and your student ID number.
- Access the Student Portal HERE (https://smcm.medicatconnect.com) and log-in using your smcm.edu email address and ID number.
Students may enter their health history from a computer, tablet, or smart phone. No doctors’ signatures are required on the health history. Records/immunization records with doctors’ signatures may be uploaded through the patient portal. Copies of insurance cards may also be uploaded.
A copy of the student’s insurance card must be presented at the time of service. If a student uses a family plan, the student must have their own card and share the policy holder name and information. St. Mary’s does not require student insurance or a waiver of insurance. For more information click here.
If you require regular allergy shots please refer to the information here.
It is important for students who are under the age of 18 to complete forms and have guardian/parent signatures as required. Students over the age of 18 may complete intake and history forms when they arrive on campus, except for the Meningitis Vaccine form which MUST be submitted before residential students move into their residences.
Our website contains information on when our services are available and how to access services after hours. If you have any questions please call the Director of the Wellness Center, Laurie Scherer, at 240-895-4289.