The Alumni Council is comprised of up to 21 voting members of the Alumni Association, in addition to Alumni Chapter Presidents and a student representative. Reasonable effort is made to include alumni from each decade.
The Alumni Council, originally the Board of Governors, was founded on August 14, 1917, by the first president, Betty Revell Wathen, Class of 1885 and a group of her fellow alumnae. In 1981, the Association updated its constitution and changed the name to the Alumni Council.
Elected members serve one-year terms, renewable for six consecutive terms, and meet four times a year. During these meetings, members are called upon to make recommendations concerning a variety of matters that might impact the Alumni Association and the College including publications, fundraising, and special events.