The Sexual Misconduct Advocacy and Resource Team (SMART) is a group of trained peer advocates at St. Mary’s College of Maryland dedicated to supporting survivors of unwanted sexual experiences through the operation of a 24/7 confidential hotline and campus programming. SMART organizes a number of outreach and community events throughout the academic year focused on supporting survivors, educating our community, and preventing sexual violence. SMART is supervised by the Advocate, who is a member of Counseling and Psychological Services at The Wellness Center.
Confidential 24/7 Hotline
The SMARTies operate a confidential 24/7 hotline that provides peer support and on/off campus resources to students affected by sexual violence and friends or loved ones of survivors.
To speak with a member of SMART please call (301) 904-2015.
Please note the hotline is staffed only during the academic year when the college is open.
Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are currently closed. The Sexual Misconduct Advocacy and Resource Team (SMART) accept new applications each spring semester for the following academic year.
Contact Staff Therapist/Advocate, Kelly Muldoon at email@example.com for details.
- Sign up for hotline shifts.
- Help plan major events related to sexual violence prevention, education, and supporting survivors.
- Twice monthly meeting attendance for continued training, current events discussions, and planning upcoming events.
- Attendance at training sessions at the beginning of the Fall semester.
- Provide informed and supportive peer advocacy
- Participate and support event planning and outreach activities
- Be a positive member of our community by upholding the values of The St. Mary’s Way
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
Connect with Us
24/7 Hotline: (301) 904-2015 (staffed during academic year when college is open)
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on social media.