Maryland State Agencies
This list includes a few of the state offices that SMCM is responsible to for providing institutional data. Their websites will provide additional information about each organization or department.
- Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC)
- MHEC Office of Policy Analysis and Research
- Maryland Department of Budget and Management
MHEC publishes an annual Data Book with comparative data from Maryland public and independent institutions, as well as some national data. A PDF of the 2016 Data Book can be found here. Annual data books from previous years are available on the MHEC Publications page.
St. Mary’s College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
State Institutional IR offices
Each public institution identifies an office tasked with federal and state reporting and other institutional research related tasks. The Institutional research offices of each of the Maryland public institutions (including Morgan State University) can be found below.
- Bowie State University
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland University College
- Morgan State University
AIR and Affiliates Resources
The Association of Institutional Research and its regional affiliates have numerous resources related to institutional research.
- Association of Institutional Research
- Northeast Association of Institutional Research
- Maryland Association of Institutional Research
IPEDS is the Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System., and it is the primary tool for collecting data for the National Center for Educational Statistics. Information about the organization and other information pertaining to its function can be found in the following links.