News & Updates
American Energy Consultants Local, Paid Internship Opportunity and open to all majors Start Date - May 19 | Term: 12 Week internship program | Hours: 20-30 hours, 3-4 days per weekTopics: energy efficiency, sustainable energy productions (PV, solar, geo, wind, New tech), marketing, finance, public policy, residential energy, engineering/design.
Certifications: every intern will have the opportunity to be certified as a BPI Building Analyst ($3000+ value)
Compensation: $1600 in living stipend with Scholarship: Interns that perform above and beyond the call of duty will be awarded a $1000 scholarship at the end of the Internship
May 1 application deadline, but candidates will be looked at on a rolling basis beginning immediately
- Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley's "EmPower Maryland" initiative and it's relation to the home energy audit process
- Typical home energy problems and all common solutions
- The potential benefits of a plethora of alternative energy technologies
- How to interact in a professional environment
Potential Duties (will work with interns to place them where they are most satisfied/most useful):
- Event, face-to-face, leave-behind, radio, tv, paper, web, and social media marketing
- Professional shadowing/assistance
- Innovation and engineering design
- Other minor roles could include: finance, real estate, tech-support/design, systems engineering
- To apply send resume, cover letter and brief statement (300 words or less) on "What sustainability means to you" to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chronicle of Higher Education is seeking four interns for the fall 2014 session, which will begin in September and last through December. The Chronicle's internships aim to give current undergraduates and recent college graduates the opportunity to gain professional experience at the No. 1 source for news about higher education.
Applicants must show a strong interest in pursuing a career in journalism with relevant coursework or prior experience. The internships are full-time in our Washington, D.C. office. In addition to a $500 weekly stipend, academic credit can often be arranged.
seeks summer interns to assist with the production of
measured record drawings for an especially important and intact
18th-century historic structure near Leonardtown, MD. Interns
will gain hands-on experience using both standard and digital technologies for
producing archival quality documents. These are unpaid internships with credit
hours offered through SMCM.
For more information and to apply, contact email@example.com.
Museum Studies minors may wish to use this internship to apply for a Sullivan Scholarship.
Archive and Publishing Internships
Southern Maryland Publishing is accepting applications for a summer internship opportunity. They have 2 positions in St. Mary's and 1 in Calvert. The deadline is May 1st. Click here for more information.