Omicron Delta Epsilon
Omicron Delta Epsilon is one of the world’s largest academic honor societies.
The objectives of Omicron Delta Epsilon are recognition of:
- Scholastic attainment and the honoring of outstanding achievements in economics
- The establishment of closer ties between students and faculty in economics within colleges and universities, and among colleges and universities
- The publication of its official journal, “The American Economist”
- Sponsoring of panels at professional meetings as well as the Irving Fisher and Frank W. Taussig competitions
Currently, Omicron Delta Epsilon has 578 chapters all of the world.
With such a broad, international base, chapter activities vary widely. Activities include:
- Invited speakers
- Group discussions
- Dinners, meetings, etc.
- special projects such as review sessions and tutoring for students in economics
Omicron Delta Epsilon plays a prominent role in the annual Honors Day celebrations at many colleges and universities.