Biochemistry majors bring the sciences of biology and chemistry together.
As a student, you will:
- Learn how to analyze scientific knowledge
- Learn the technical and intellectual skills needed to produce innovative ideas in problem-solving
- Learn about and take on the skills and techniques of modern experimental scientists
- Evaluate the impact of technology in relation to ethics
- Be aware of current events and current biological and chemical discoveries
- Develop the ability to take all you have learned, complete your own research, and successfully communicate the results
This degree program follows guidelines suggested by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology for an undergraduate degree in biochemistry.
Your studies here will prepare you for careers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, for graduate studies in either field, and for entry into medical, veterinary, dental, or pharmacy schools.