Audio Visual Technician (part-time)
St. Mary’s College of Maryland at Historic St. Mary’s City is accepting résumés for the part-time position of Audio Visual Technician (Part-time, Contingent). This position reports to the Director of Instructional Systems and Support and is responsible for audio visual support for events. This position also provides Tier 1 and 2 support of the operations of technologies and media in classrooms. This is a part-time contingent position.
- High School diploma or equivalent Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in media-related or IT related field.
- Skills: Must have a working knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems and classroom media including computer, audio, and video systems. Strong verbal, written, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills are a must.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
St. Mary's College of Maryland, the National Public Honors College, is located in Historic St. Mary's City, 70 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. St. Mary’s College is one of the nation’s best public liberal arts colleges – ranked near the top in U.S. News & World Report and a Best Value for in-state and out-of-state students. Non-sectarian since its founding, the college with its scenic waterfront campus is primarily undergraduate and residential, with a diverse coeducational student body numbering approximately 1600. The up-to-date curriculum is designed for today’s students who want an active, hands-on education led by professors who are committed teachers and experts in their fields. The quality of life is enhanced by the recreational opportunities of the Chesapeake region and close proximity to the amenities of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Richmond.
St. Mary’s College (www.smcm.edu) embodies diversity and inclusion in its mission. We create an environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences and we encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to our cultural and ethnic diversity. Application materials should include a cover letter, résumé (including e-mail address), and three references and submitted online at: apply.interfolio.com/126970. Questions may be directed Lisa Smith.
Review of résumés will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website: www.smcm.edu/hr
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.