All tuition and fee payments are made in the Business Office in Glendening Hall. Checks should be made payable to St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
Summer Tuition is $200 per credit hour for a total of 12 credits or less. Students enrolled in a total of 13 or more credits are considered full-time and must pay full- time tuition and fees. For full-time enrollment costs, contact the Business Office at 240-895-4303/4315.
Tuition Payment Deadlines
- For SMCM students: payment for summer tuition is due no later than 4:00 pm Friday, April 26th 2019.
- For Non-Degree seeking students: payment is due when registering.
Note: Bills are not sent out for summer tuition. It is the responsibility of the student to pay their balance by the due date of April 28th. SMCM students can find their balance through the Portal under student accounts.
Some credit courses have additional fees for materials. Please see the course description for information.
A summer course requires a minimum enrollment, and the College reserves the right to cancel a course if this minimum is not met.
- Course Cancellation: If the College cancels a course, students are granted full refunds.
- Drop/Withdraw from Credit Courses: If a student withdraws from a course, the tuition refund is computed according to the refund schedule below from the day on which the drop/add form is processed. If a refund is due the student, students should complete a refund request form available at the Business Office at that time.
- Before classes officially begin: 100% of tuition and fees are refundable to the student.
- For six week courses:
- Before the end of the first week of classes, 80% of the tuition payment will be refunded
- Starting on Monday of the second week of classes, 0% refund
- For two- and three-week courses:
- Before the end of the second day of class, 80% of the tuition payment will be refunded
- Starting on the third day of class, 0% refund.
Anyone who is qualified for and wishes to use a tuition waiver must indicate this at time of registration. Only tuition waivers for SMCM faculty, staff, and dependents will be accepted for summer session. No other waivers will be accepted. Summer session courses have to meet minimum enrollment numbers before waivers can be accommodated. Registering for a course does not automatically mean the tuition waiver can be applied.