All tuition and fee payments are made in the Business Office in Glendening Hall. Checks should be made payable to St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
Winterim tuition will be charged $300 per credit plus $48.50 in fees per credit for in-state/DC residents and $450 per credit plus $48.50 in fees per credit for out-of-state students.
Tuition Payment Deadlines
- For SMCM students: payment for Winterim tuition is due no later than 4:00 pm Friday, December 10, 2021
- If a student is part-time for the fall semester and registers for a Winterim course and the total credits for fall and Winterim equal 12 credits or more. The student would then be retroactively considered as full-time status for the fall semester for Financial Aid only.
- For non-degree seeking students: payment is due when registering.
Note: Bills are not sent out for Winterim tuition. It is the responsibility of the student to pay their balance by the due date of December 11th. SMCM students can find their balance through the Portal under student accounts.
Some credit courses have additional fees for materials. Please see the course description for information.
A Winterim course requires a minimum enrollment, and the College reserves the right to cancel a course if this minimum is not met.
- Course Cancellation: If the College cancels a course, students are granted full refunds.
- Drop/Withdraw from Credit Courses: If a student withdraws from a course, the tuition refund is computed according to the refund schedule below from the day on which the drop/add form is processed. If a refund is due the student, students should complete a refund request form available at the Business Office at that time.
- Before classes officially begin: 100% of tuition and fees are refundable to the student.
- For four-week courses:
- Before the end of the third day of classes, 80% of the tuition payment will be refunded
- Starting on the fourth day of classes, 0% refund.
- For three-week courses:
- Before the end of the second day of class, 80% of the tuition payment will be refunded.
- Starting on the third day of class, 0% refund.
Anyone who is qualified for and wishes to use a tuition waiver must indicate this at the time of registration. Only tuition waivers for SMCM faculty, staff, and dependents will be accepted for the Winterim session. No other waivers will be accepted. The Winterim session courses have to meet minimum enrollment numbers before waivers can be accommodated. Registering for a course does not automatically mean the tuition waiver can be applied.