Alumni can be the most compelling voices for prospective families. Encourage talented students to consider St. Mary’s College of Maryland with our Refer-a-Seahawk Program!
You can help make the St. Mary’s College experience possible for future Seahawks by referring up to three talented students to the Office of Admission each year.
Referrals are welcome for high school students in any grade as well as for transfer students. Students do not need to be ready to apply. This form simply ensures that the referred student will receive Admission materials from St. Mary’s College of Maryland and qualifies them for a $50 application fee waiver at the time of their application.
Help launch a future Seahawk by referring a prospective student today.
Refer-a-Seahawk Social Media Toolkit
Want to use your three referrals but don’t know any prospective students? Try these social media post ideas to increase interest in St. Mary’s College of Maryland among your family and friends! Someone scrolling through your timeline may know a high school or transfer student.
(Copy and paste into your post or caption):
Option 1: As an alum of St. Mary’s College of Maryland, I can refer up to three talented students each year to my alma mater. Referred students will receive Admission materials from SMCM and a $50 application fee waiver at the time of their application. Please DM me if someone you know would like to learn more or apply to St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
Option 2: Ask me about my experience at St. Mary’s College of Maryland! As an alum, I can refer up to three students each year. Each student will receive Admission materials from SMCM and an application fee waiver at the time of their application! Please reach out to me to learn more about St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
In addition, we encourage you to share information about Admission events like Open Houses. We often post about Open Houses and Admission events on our Alumni Facebook Page.
You can also share a special memory, unique story, or anecdote about how SMCM helped you prepare for life after graduation. Just tell your SMCM Story!
These are questions a prospective student may ask you. They are also great talking points to introduce SMCM to an interested student!
- What is your favorite memory from SMCM?
- Do you still maintain College friendships?
- Did you have a campus internship?
- What was your first job after graduation?
- How did SMCM help you prepare for the professional world?
- What was your major?
- What are the classes like?
- Were you involved in any clubs or sports?
- What was your favorite class?
- Share a photo of you and your friends from your time at SMCM
- Share a scenic photo of our beautiful campus
- Share a photo from this St. Mary’s College of Maryland Flickr gallery
- Share a photo from this SMCM Alumni Flickr gallery
Pro tip: You can share photos straight from Flickr to many social media platforms. Just hit the “share” button at the bottom right corner of the photo (there’s a little arrow next to it) and select your preferred platform. You can also copy and paste the link into email or text message.
- Share the St. Mary’s College of Maryland commercial (it’s really good)
- Share a “One Minute Major” video, and showcase your major at SMCM!
- Share a “Parent Perspective” video with a parent you know!
- Share a “Student Stories” video that resonates with your experience as a student!
- Share an “Athletics” video, and represent your varsity sport!
- Share a “Clubs @ SMCM” video, and represent the club you were involved with!
Pro tip 1: Try to share a video that is between 1-3 minutes in length.
Pro tip 2: You can share videos straight from YouTube to many social media platforms. Just hit the “share” button at the bottom right corner of the video (there’s a little arrow next to it) and select your preferred platform. You can also copy and paste the link into email or text message.