Alumni can be the most compelling voices for prospective families. Encourage talented students to consider St. Mary’s College of Maryland with our Launch-a-Leader Alumni Referral and Seahawk Teacher programs!
Launch-a-Leader Alumni Referral Program
You can help make the St. Mary’s College experience possible for future Seahawks. Refer up to three talented students to the Office of Admission each year, and the referred student will receive a $50 application fee waiver!
Students do not need to be ready to apply – this form simply ensures that the referred student will receive Admission materials from St. Mary’s College of Maryland and qualifies them for an application fee waiver should they choose to apply at a later time.
Help launch the leaders of tomorrow by referring a student today.
Want to use your three referrals but don’t know any prospective students? Try these social media post ideas to increase interest in St. Mary’s College of Maryland among your family and friends! Someone scrolling through your timeline may know a high school or transfer student.
(Copy and paste into your post or caption):
Option 1: As an alum of St. Mary’s College of Maryland, I can refer up to three talented students each year to my alma mater, earning the referred student an application fee waiver. There’s no reason not to apply – the application will be free! Please DM me if someone you know would like to learn more or apply to St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
Option 2: Ask me about my experience at St. Mary’s College of Maryland! As an alum, I can refer up to three students each year, and each student will receive an application fee waiver! Please reach out to me to learn more about St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
In addition, we encourage you to share information about Admission events like Open Houses. We often post about Open Houses and Admission events on our Alumni Facebook Page.
You can also share a special memory, unique story, or anecdote about how SMCM helped you prepare for life after graduation. Just tell your SMCM Story!
These are questions a prospective student may ask you. They are also great talking points to introduce SMCM to an interested student!
- What is your favorite memory from SMCM?
- Do you still maintain College friendships?
- Did you have a campus internship?
- What was your first job after graduation?
- How did SMCM help you prepare for the professional world?
- What was your major?
- What are the classes like?
- Were you involved in any clubs or sports?
- What was your favorite class?
- Share a photo of you and your friends from your time at SMCM
- Share a scenic photo of our beautiful campus
- Share a photo from this St. Mary’s College of Maryland Flickr gallery
- Share a photo from this SMCM Alumni Flickr gallery
Pro tip: You can share photos straight from Flickr to many social media platforms. Just hit the “share” button at the bottom right corner of the photo (there’s a little arrow next to it) and select your preferred platform. You can also copy and paste the link into email or text message.
- Share the St. Mary’s College of Maryland commercial (it’s really good)
- Share a “One Minute Major” video, and showcase your major at SMCM!
- Share a “Parent Perspective” video with a parent you know!
- Share a “Student Stories” video that resonates with your experience as a student!
- Share an “Athletics” video, and represent your varsity sport!
- Share a “Clubs @ SMCM” video, and represent the club you were involved with!
Pro tip 1: Try to share a video that is between 1-3 minutes in length.
Pro tip 2: You can share videos straight from YouTube to many social media platforms. Just hit the “share” button at the bottom right corner of the video (there’s a little arrow next to it) and select your preferred platform. You can also copy and paste the link into email or text message.
As teachers, educators, and administrators, you have a direct impact on the trajectory of each student’s life after graduation. If you know any high-achieving, hard-working students who you think would thrive at St. Mary’s College, we encourage you to share our Admission materials with them. We can mail you a packet of free Admissions materials, including an 18″ x 24″ aerial poster of campus for you to display in your classroom or office!
Teachers and educators can also make use of the Launch-a-Leader Alumni Referral Program to waive the application fee for up to three students.
Contact the Office of Alumni Relations to receive your Admission packet!