Redhorse Corporation has a need for a Biological Field Technician for a seasonal position during the Spring of 2017 on a multi-year engagement located on Edwards Air Force Base.
Responsibilities for the seasonal Biological Field Technician include:
- Conduct Desert Tortoise density surveys within Edwards AFB land areas following established survey protocols as directed by full time permanent staff.
- Graph trends/analyze statistics in desert tortoise presence/absence based on multiple years of data collected in the field, as directed by full time permanent staff.
- Assist with the writing of clear, concise reports on the findings of the natural resources inventories that are submitted to meet deadlines and that meet requirements of the AFB client.
- Work long days in sometimes inclement weather in rough, rocky, and desert terrain and collect data in extremely windy, hot, cold, or dusty conditions.
- Occasionally assist other permanent staff with other Natural Resource projects/surveys and construction monitoring of Mojave Desert species as needed.
- Work well in a military environment and adhere to all AFB rules and regulations associated with personal conduct.
To apply and for more information, visit The Wildlife Society