The Peer Health Educators (PHEs) are St. Mary’s College of Maryland students dedicated to raising awareness on campus around issues such as mental and physical wellness, suicide prevention, alcohol and drug safety, and sexual health and safety.
Prior to the start of each academic year, the PHEs attend a week of intensive training on campus wellness issues, peer counseling, and the ins and outs of peer education.
Each PHE has completed the nationally renowned Certified Peer Educator training through the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA).
Programming and Events
The Peer Health Educators host a variety of formal and informal programming throughout the academic year on issues of sexual health and safety, mental wellness, alcohol and drug safety, and physical wellness.
Hump Day Help with the PHEs
Join the PHEs on select Wednesdays throughout the academic year for workshops aimed at promoting the wellness of SMCM students. Check back later for our Fall 2020 lineup!
Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are currently closed. The PHEs accept new applicants each spring semester so be on the look out for the next call for applications in spring 2021! Contact Staff Therapist Emily Lamoreau at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Attend PHE Training Week, held Monday-Friday during the week prior to the start of the Fall semester.
- Involvement in planning and running campus events.
- Attend weekly Friday afternoon meetings for debriefing and planning of upcoming events.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Contribute to event planning and be a reliable team member.
- Maintain an acceptable degree of conduct, on and off duty.
Connect With Us
E-mail us at email@example.com or find us on social media @peerhealthSMCM.