Peer Health Educators:
Peer Counseling services are offered through the Wellness Center. If students are interested, they may come to the Wellness Center during walk-in hours from 1pm-3pm to see a peer counselor.
Peer Health Educators play a vital role in promoting wellness among St. Mary’s College of Maryland students.
The Peer Health Educators work collaboratively with the Wellness Center to promote the safety, health and well-being of the campus community. The PHE’s present a wide range of health programs, plan campus-wide wellness events, and develop marketing campaigns to educate the St. Mary’s College of Maryland campus community. Topics include:
- Relationship Violence
- Sexual Health, Consent and Communication
- Sleep/Stress Management
- Alcohol and Other Drugs education
- Eating disorders and body image
- Mental wellness/suicide prevention
Our Peer health Educators are Nationally Certified through NASPA BACCHUS initiative
The Peer Health Educators (PHEs) are St. Mary’s College of Maryland students dedicated to raising awareness on campus around issues such as mental and physical wellness, suicide prevention, alcohol and drug safety, and sexual health and safety.
Prior to the start of each academic year, the PHEs attend a week of intensive training on campus wellness issues, peer counseling, and the ins and outs of peer education.
Programming and Events
The Peer Health Educators host a variety of formal and informal programming throughout the academic year on issues of sexual health and safety, mental wellness, alcohol and drug safety, and physical wellness.
- Attend PHE Training Week, held Monday-Friday during the week prior to the start of the Fall semester.
- Involvement in planning and running campus events.
- Attend weekly Friday afternoon meetings for debriefing and planning of upcoming events.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Contribute to event planning and be a reliable team member.
- Maintain an acceptable degree of conduct, on and off duty.
Connect With Us
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on social media @peerhealthSMCM.