An Anthropology degree at St. Mary’s consists of four fields:
- Cultural Anthropology: The study of culture and society.
- Archaeology: The study of historical societies based on recovered artifacts.
- Biological Anthropology: The study of human evolution and adaptation.
- Linguistic Anthropology: The study of language to understand culture.
Topics of Study:
- Applied Anthropology
- Chesapeake Archaeology
- Ecological and Economic Anthropology
- Kinship and Social Organization,
- Food, Media, Myth, Ritual, and Symbolism.