Welcome to Jobops!
Are you starting to look for summer job and internship opportunities? Are you graduating and searching for a job in the field of environmental studies? Thinking about graduate school? Just curious about what ENST careers look like?
Check out our new, biweekly Jobops posts on the St. Mary’s College of Maryland Environmental Studies website.
Starting this week, twice monthly ENST will post a new and exciting sample of jobs, internships, field study / study abroad opportunities, and graduate programs related to environmental studies, under the three primary tracks of the ENST degree: Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences and Policy, and Humanities.
Check back often, because we will also roll out profiles of graduate programs, interviews with environmental professionals, and other professional development information and opportunities.
Go to https://www.smcm.edu/environmentalstudies/ and scroll to the bottom left of the page where it says “News” and click “Jobops Post”.
Peruse. Explore. Plan.
- Oregon Field Tech, bird surveys, 3-6 Months, $15/hr
- Wildlife Biologist associated with Wildlife Hazard Management, Detroit
- Wildlife Tech, Fort Bragg, CA, survey and monitor spotted owls
- Communications Assistant, one year position, Institute of Policy Studies
- Link with information and application process:http://www.ips-dc.org/jobs-and-internships/#Communications-Assistant
- Wildlife Policy Intern, The Wildlife Society, January-July 2016
- Science Education Fellow, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase MD, developing science education resources
- Climate Policy Internship, Spring, Institute for Policy Studies
- Link with information and how to apply (scroll down after clicking link): http://www.ips-dc.org/jobs-and-internships/#Communications-Assistant
Field Studies and Study Abroad
- Internship in Ecuador, biological field research and sustainable food development, several programs offered of different length throughout year
- Link to apply: http://tmalliance.org/internships/
- Spring Break in Appalachia- training for environmental protection campaigns
- Sustainable Architecture in Rome and Cross Disciplinary Studies on Italian Food Culture programs, Italy, May 23 to June 25, 2016
- Summer 2016 in Ethiopia- NSF funded REU, Cultural, Economic and Ecological Significance of Church Forests
- St. Louis University, Sustainability Coordinator, Deadline Dec. 31st 2015