- Minimum GPA: 2.0
- Judicial Check
- Academic Conduct Review
- Dates: 2 weeks mid to late May
- Guided tour to Machu Picchu
- Visit a Moche pyramid
- Take in beautiful Colonial towns and cathedrals
- Experience Cusco, the Inca “navel of the world”
Study Abroad Budget
- Estimated cost: $4000-4500 (subject to change)
About the Program
This study tour immerses students in Andean culture in a way that reflects the cross-disciplinary nature of Latin American Studies. The itinerary and coursework introduce the Andean region through multiple disciplinary lenses, including anthropology, art history, history, environmental studies, Latin American and museum studies.
Students may receive four-credit upper-division credits for this course in either Anthropology, Art History, History, Latin American Studies and Museum Studies. Credit may be given in other disciplines with consent of the Department Chair or CDSA coordinator. This course fulfills the ELAW requirement.
Ruth Anne Phillips, email@example.com
- Andean Study Tour Tentative Detailed Itinerary (subject to change)
- Andean Summer Study Tour 2020 Itinerary with Cost (subject to change)
- Click here to visit the following website for more information
How credits taken abroad will transfer back to SMCM.
The academic and judicial requirements for any student considering studying abroad.
How financial aid will apply towards your study abroad program and what scholarships are available.
Payment processes for semester-long, short-term, and non-SMCM study abroad programs.
Apply using the “Getting Started” button to the left!
(Please note your username is your SMCM username minus the @smcm.edu (ex. arreinig) and your password is the same password you use for the Portal and SMCM Gmail.)