Congratulations on deciding to make the leap into studying abroad, whether it be for a semester, a year, or only for a few weeks.
Here at St. Mary’s we want to make sure you are as prepared as possible and that you are choosing the program that is most appropriate for you both personally and academically.
- Obtain a passport – If you already have one, make sure it will be valid for at least 6 months past your return date
- Review Ways to Study Abroad
- Research Potential Programs – Talk with your academic advisor about your degree progress and how a study abroad experience would fit into it
- Make an Appointment – speak with an advisor in the Office of International Education
- Discuss your plans with family and friends
- Consider your Financial Options and obligations with the Financial Aid Office and the Office of International Education
- Review your academic options when studying abroad
- Submit your completed application to the program of your choice
- Attend the required pre-departure sessions
If you have concerns about whether or not your program is a good fit or if you will be able to get credit for it here at SMCM please email us or stop by and see us.