Students who are not returning for the spring semester must fully vacate their residence by November 20, 2020. The Check-Out Process is detailed below:
Move Out Steps
To ensure a smooth move-out, follow these steps:
- Clean your room/unit. RAs will not complete your checkout unless the room/unit is clean.
- Remove all personal items. RAs will not complete your checkout unless all personal items have been removed from the room/unit.
- Reset furniture. All furniture should go back to where it was originally in your unit. If your beds were bunked, these can remain bunked.
- Express Checkout. Use key envelopes and lock box located by the RA office door. Please note your room number and name on the envelope before dropping off your key.
- Notify your roommates, housemates and suitemates of your departure
All students who are returning for the spring semester, are permitted to leave their belongings in their unit and keep their room key. The Office of Residence Life advises that students remove all important personal items for this two month closure. The check-out steps for students who plan to return are listed here:
- Take trash out.
- Unplug everything including personal mini fridges.
- Turn lights off.
- Lock and close windows and blinds
- Lock room door before leaving
- Sign and hang up door hanger