Fall Semester (December 2023) Closing:
Hall Closing for all students for the Fall 2023 Semester is 12noon on December 15th (Friday) or within 24 hours of your last final (whichever comes first). Contactless/Express Check-out is available for all students. See Express Checkout below. Students returning to their room for the spring semester do not need to fully move-out and return their room key.
Spring Semester (May 2024) Closing:
Hall Closing for everyone except graduates and students living on campus for the summer is May 7, 2024 by 12noon or 24 hours after your last final (whichever comes first). Contactless/Express Check-out is available for all students. See Express Checkout below.
Hall Closing for Graduating Seniors is May 11th following the commencement ceremony. Students living in residence halls and suites are required to depart by 3pm; students living in apartments and townhouses are required to depart by 5pm.
Summer Transition (May 2024)
Approved Summer Residents will transition from Spring to Summer housing on Sunday, May 19, 2024.
Move Out Steps
To ensure a smooth move-out, follow these steps:
- Clean your room/unit and take trash to dumpsters.
- Remove all personal items. RAs will not complete your checkout unless all personal items have been removed from the room/unit.
- Reset furniture. All furniture should go back to where it was originally in your unit. If your beds were bunked, these can remain bunked.
- Turn lights off.
- Lock and close windows and blinds.
- Lock room door before leaving.
- Contactless/Express Checkout. Use key envelopes and lock box located by the RA office door. Please note your name and room number on the envelope before dropping off your key.
- Notify your roommates, housemates and suitemates of your departure.
- Thanksgiving Break: Residences close at 9pm on Tuesday, November 21st and reopen at 2pm on Sunday, November 26th
- Winter Break: Residences close at 12noon on Friday, December 15th and reopen at 1oam on January 14th (sign-up directions will be emailed to residential students). Students not returning to campus (or are changing rooms) in January, should follow the move-out procedures listed above.
- Spring Break: Residences close at 5pm on Friday, March 8th and reopen on at 2pm on Sunday, March 17th
- Summer Break: See above!
- Clean your room/unit and take trash and to dumpsters.
- Take personal items home that are of value or you may want to have/use during the break; students will not have access to their spaces during break periods and campus closures.
- Unplug all items (this includes all appliances that you have brought from home).
- Secure the unit as you leave (turn out the lights, close/lock the windows, close the blinds and lock the doors).
- Don’t forget to take your room key and OneCard with you!
- Complete the Check-out Closing Form (QR codes for each area are hanging in each residential space and links will be emailed to you by our staff members) This is only required for Thanksgiving, Spring and Winter Break periods.