New students will complete a ‘profile’ when submitting the housing contract. Those that submit a paper contract will be able to complete the profile in Residence after the contract has been processed (please give us 48 business hours to input your contract). The profile asks questions about living preferences and allows you and our office find a suitable roommate for your first year.
If you submitted a paper contract
- Log into Residence. There you will see a green box labeled application. This is your housing contract.
- Click on “continue application”. Here you will be able to update you contract and edit any information that may have changed.
- On the second page of the contract you can fill out a brief survey about yourself to help find a roommate or help us find you a roommate.
- Once you have reviewed your contract you must submit to finalize your submission but hitting the Submit Application button
Starting June 1st you will be able to search for a potential roommate based on the information provided in your profile. Students who already have a roommate in mind can also use this system to make that official.
To Search for A Roommate
- Log into Residence
- Click on the Roommate tab at the top of the page.
- Choose the Fall 2018 semester as your term
- Select Change Search Filters and answer the top 2 or 3 questions that you want your potential roommate to have (your deal breakers). The more questions you ask the more selective the system becomes, limiting potential roommates.
- Residence will give you profiles of potential roommates and allow you to send a message through Residence to make contact. Please send your preferred method of contact (e.g. email,
- Facebook, etc.) to your potential roommates and be sure to connect outside the Residence system to see if you will be a good match.
- If you choose not to find a roommate in advance of selection, one will be matched with you based on the information provided in your profile.
Selecting A Roommate
- Residence assigns a Roommate Code to protect the identity of our students. These Roommate Codes are located in the upper-right hand corner of the Residence webpage.
- To select a roommate navigate to the Roommate tab at the top of the page.
- Select Fall 2018 as the term
- Select the “Find someone you know” tab
- Enter your roommate’s Roommate Code to send an invite to become roommates.
- Your roommate will have to accept your invitation before you are paired and housed together.