Applying for Housing
The room selection process all takes place online through our Symplicity-Residence website. Any student that has submitted a housing contract and deposit will be able to begin forming groups and “opting in” to room selection processes beginning on February 22.
Students may see error messages through Residence when forming groups – the most likely cause is that one of your desired group members has not completed their contract correctly.
Application Deadlines and Room Selection Dates
For more information on application deadlines and room selection dates, please go to the Room Selection Google Site.
Important Tips for the Room Selection process
- You must have the exact number of students to be eligible to apply for any type of housing (e.g. Only a group of six students can apply for a six-person suite). Groups with too many/few students will be ineligible.
- Be advised that if you select a room with a full group, and one or more roommates drop out of the group/leave the college (for any reason and at any time), a student will be assigned to the vacancy they leave behind.
- Partial groups will only be permitted to proceed in a selection process if all allotted space in a given process are not assigned to full groups.
- All group members must have completed their housing contract and deposit.
- If you see an error message (invalid group) while forming a group, it likely means that one of your group members has not completed the contract or applied for the housing selection process you are applying for. Please follow-up with your group members to make sure everything is done correctly.
- Selection priority is based on total earned credits for the group (e.g. a group with 250 total credits will receive a higher priority than a group with 200 total credits).
- This means that the groups with the smallest number of credits might not be given the ability to select housing in each process after the deadline passes.
- If there are more groups than units, the groups with the fewest credits will be removed from the process (e.g. If there are 50 available Townhouses and 60 groups, the 10 groups with the fewest total credits will be removed from the process.)
- You can only apply for one type of housing at a time.
Please call the Office of Residence Life (240-895-4207) or review the Room Selection Guide linked above.